This screensaver renders a fairly realistic water effect over your desktop, showing it distorted through the wavy surface of the water as raindrops fall on the surface.
It uses quite a bit of CPU power. There are configuration options to vary the accuracy of the simulation to fit the processing power available.
Note: If you experience a black screen when activating the screensaver, this is because of a Mac OS X security feature. If your computer is set to ask for a password after disabling the screensaver, the screensaver is also denied access to the desktop. To fix this, either disable the password, or select an image file to use as background instead of the desktop.
New in v1.7:
- Better screen capturing, especially on multi-monitor systems.
New in v1.6:
- Lion compatible.
- Requires Leopard and an Intel processor. If you have an older machine, get v1.5 by clicking this link.
New in v1.5:
- Snow Leopard compatible.
New in v1.4j:
- Japanese localization, thanks to Christopher Li.
New in v1.4:
- Now a universal binary, and works on Intel macs! (However, it is not yet optimized for Intel processors. However, they should all be fast enough to run it properly anyway.)
- Added an option to dim the desktop. This makes the highlights on the waves look prettier!
- Added an optional clock.