YKK Forum

A strange kanji

Anyone recognize the upper-left kanji in this image?


My Wordtank doesn't contain it under any primary radical I can think of. Neither does my Kondansha kanji dictionary. Neither does WWWJDIC in any search mode I can think of. And, to top it off, my Japanese teacher took one look at it and declared that there is no such kanji.

This poses a slight difficulty in translating it. :>

- dn
Thursday, February 26, 2004

Upper left is "fune", boat or ship.
Upper right is "fushi", significant point of something.
They both are common kanji written in OLD style.

- kGo
Thursday, February 26, 2004

Aha! Thank you. (I meant the kanji on the upper-right, of course; I do know "fune".)

- dn
Thursday, February 26, 2004

Reply to this topic
Topic list

Contact the translator